Patch Management for Small Businesses and Organizations in Round Rock, TX and surrounding cities.
Not a day goes by without some news about a data breach of some sort. Sadly, many of these breaches are as a result of computer systems that are outdated, poorly maintained, or not properly configured. Proper patch management could have prevented a lot of the security breaches in the news today.
In many cases, applying a patch that was released by the software vendor could have made a difference. The lack of a proper patch management process in many cases left most of these systems vulnerable.
What is a Patch?
Small organizations and businesses without trained IT staff usually find it difficult to put effective methods in place for software updates. This could open up serious vulnerabilities within their infrastructure.
As Jason Chan noted, “Managing updates for all the applications and operating system versions used in a small company is fairly complicated, and the situation only becomes more complex when additional platforms, availability requirements, and remote offices and workers are factored in”.
These challenges include:
- Difficulty understanding which systems require patches and which are up to date
- Having a manual patch management process which highly inefficient and error-prone.
- The impact of reduced network visibility and the inability to tell which devices are compliant with patch requirements
- How to minimize downtime by poorly managing patch deployment
- How to avoid constantly responding to incidents because of the lack of a managed patch management process.
The result is that many organizations are having a hard time trying to implement proper security practices, including comprehensive patch management
Our BinaryGuardian Patch Armor helps in managing the lifecycle of software assets such as applications, hardware, operating systems, and hot fixes for desktop computers and servers.
Patch Armor will keep systems up-to-date with the latest software updates by discovering missing patches and deploying them to the entire organization.. This includes operating systems and third-party, non-Microsoft applications as well.
What are the Benefits?
BinaryGuardian Patch Armor addresses the challenges faced by small businesses in keeping their computer systems up to date by:
- Automating the patch management process. The application scans each device and sends an alert when updates are available. Automatically approve patches (by severity) and schedule installation of approved patches.
- Flexibility. Patches can be scheduled for off-hours to avoid disrupting users, especially if the update requires a restart.
- Third-party applications can be patched as well as native operating system updates. Other vendor support including Apple, Mozilla, Zip tools and more, as well as Instant Messaging Clients such as Skype and Yahoo Messenger
- Patch anywhere. Whether the devices are on-premise or on the road, the patches are applied when they come online.
Ask about our 30-Day trial of Patch Armor, our Patch Management Service in Round Rock, TX and surrounding cities today!